MEINBERG LANTIME M600/GPS/PTPv2:
PTPv2/IEEE 1588-2008 Grandmaster Clock and NTP Time Server with integrated GPS radio clock
- Synchronization of IEEE1588-2008 (PTPv2) compatible clients
- Synchronization of NTP and SNTP compatible clients
- Six independent RJ-45 ethernet interfaces 10/100 MBit (incl. 1 x IEEE 1588-2008)
- Antenna connected with up to 300m of standard coaxial cable RG58
- Optional expansions and/or configurations available
Being a very stable IEEE 1588-2008 Grandmaster clock, the LANTIME M600/PTP not only provides a highly accurate source of synchronization for PTP clients ("slaves"), it additionally introduces the absolute time ("current time of day") to your PTP networks.
The PTPv2 implementation of the LANTIME is fully compliant to the IEEE 1588-2008 standard and therefore provides PTP management messages as well.LANTIME M600/GPS/PTPv2 Front View
- Mounting wholes for 19 inch cabinet
- VF - Display luminescent, 256 x 64 dots
- F1 button: show help and additional informations
- F2 button: overview of network parameters
- 4 arrow buttons: select next menu and change value of parameters
- OK button: save changes or enter submenu
- ESC button: cancel menu and one level up
- Status LED Referenz time: green: synchronized red: error
Status LED NTP time service: green: synchronized red: error
Status LED Network connection: green: Link red: error
Status LED Alarm: red: error
- Terminal connector, serial interface, Vt100, 38400Baud,8N1, Nullmodem to PC
- USB connector for USB Stick
- 4 Networkconnectors- ETH0, ETH1, ETH2, ETH3, 10/100 Mbit RJ45
- 1 Networkconnector- ETH4 and 1 Network connector PTP0/IEEE1588 - RJ45 10/100 Mbit
- Timecode - output unmodulated
- Timecode - output modulated
- Frequency Synthesizer output
- Pulse Per Minute output
- Pulse Per Second output
- 10MHz output
- GPS antenna BNC
- GPS Time Sync Error Relais output
- RS232 output serial interface timecode
- Power supply, 85 ... 264 V AC, 47... 63 Hz, 1 A/230 V , 2 A/115 V
In PTP networks there is only one active source of time, the so-called Grandmaster Clock. If two or more Grandmaster Clocks exist in one network, a algorhythm defined in the standard is used to find out which one is the „best“ source of time. This „Best Master Clock“ algorhythm has to be implemented on every PTP/IEEE1588 compliant system and therefore all clients („Slave Clocks“) will select the same Grandmaster. The other, not selected Grandmaster Clocks will „step back“ and enter passive mode, meaning that they do not send out synchronization packets as long as that is done by the selected master.
The installed network infrastructure components play a big role in a PTP network and directly influence the level of accuracy that can be reached on the clients. Asymmetric network connections degrade the accuracy, therefore classic layer 2 and 3 ethernet switches with their store and forward technology are not suitable for PTP/IEEE1588 networks and should be avoided. Simple ethernet hubs, at least the ones with fixed pass-through times, are no problem. In large networks special switches with built-in PTP/IEEE1588 functionality help to maintain a good level of accuracy even over several subnets and longer distances. These components act as so-called „Boundary Clocks“, they compensate their internal packet processing times by using time stamping units on each port. They synchronize to the Grandmaster Clock and in turn act as a Grandmaster to the other subnets they are connected to.
Because of its modular system architecture it is possible to equip a LANTIME time server with a number of different reference time sources. Optionally several additional frequency-, serial string- and pulse outputs are available and by combining two (even different) time sources and redundant power supplies, high-availability systems are no problem.
The LANTIME M600/GPS/PTPv2 is equipped with high precision oscillator "OCXO HQ" (look at oscillator options for details) as standard. The oscillator determines the holdover characteristics (e.g. when the GPS signal is disturbed or jammed). The oscillator option "OCXO DHQ" is available to fulfill higher requirements.